I was determined that, before I went on my three week trip to visit my mother, that I was going to finish my summer wreath. I think that green yarn covered circle had been sitting on my desk staring me down for around two months! Enough is enough!
The base of the wreath is the same as my Winter Wreath, two circles of cardboard glued together. I got the flower pattern from Purl Soho – a winter wreath, yes, but the flowers worked! The leaves are from a stock image that I downloaded, printed and pinned to felt. I cut two of each and sewed them together for thickness and depth. It’s very simple but I really like how it turned out especially the leaves because that was the first time I used my sewing machine for something fancier than a straight line!